Sweet and Savory Overnight Oats
Small changes reap big reward.
When you’re consistently showing up for yourself…. a little bit each day your health can improve drastically. I see this all the time with clients. And I want this for you too!
So I am going to give you a super simple example.
Life Changing Meals
I made oatmeal the other day and added chopped spinach. Sounds weird, right? Well that prompted me to add other awesome ingredients and end up with a super filling, nutrient dense meal.
The alternative might have been a package of oatmeal ready to microwave that is loaded with sugar. Which would leave me hungry all morning, cranky, lethargic and ultimately eating the wrong foods later in the day.
See where I am going with this?
You can do something so small every day that ends up changing your life!
So here’s to life changing oatmeal and small steps to reaching your health goals!
This overnight oats recipe is packed with key ingredients to help with hormone regulation. It includes protein, fiber and healthy fats. It’s low in sugar and super tasty.
Plus, when you eat oats that are chilled or room temperature they have a better impact on the blood sugar and insulin levels. Super cool right?
Try it out!
Overnight Oats Recipe (serves:1)
- 1/3 cup organic old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup frozen cherries, chopped
- 1 tsp coffee grounds (optional)
- 1/2 cup organic spinach, finely chopped
- 1 scoop organic vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbs organic nut butter
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup full fat organic Greek yogurt or dairy-free alternative
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- splash of unsweetened nut milk (enough to cover all ingredients
- Mix all ingredients together in a glass bowl or mason jar. Cover and refrigerate overnight, enjoy in the morning.
Want more awesome tips? Check out other resources here!