Pumpkin Spice Bread Recipe
Pumpkin flavored items in the fall are the best!
I went into Trader Joe’s the other day and many items were pumpkin flavored. I couldn’t help myself but to gather a few ingredients for a delicious pumpkin spice bread.
Most pre-made or packaged pumpkin treats are loaded with sugar …and I mean loaded.
It’s frustrating that in order to even enjoy these sort of seasonal flavors, they contain a lot of processed ingredients. We might know that refined sugar isn’t the best. But if you’re trying to balance your hormones, it’s extra important that you watch refined sugar intake.
Processed sugar can create negative swings in blood sugar and insulin levels. Key pieces to hormone regulation!
Ever experience sugar cravings? Maybe you’re tired, stressed or experiencing some sort of hormone imbalance. All you want is a cookie or seasonal dish.
Now, I’ve got the perfect autumn treat!
This pumpkin spice bread is the perfect alternative for you!
My favorite way to enjoy is a with a big cup of tea and some solitude. Happy Fall!
Pumpkin Spice Bread Recipe
- Serves: 6-8
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin spice seasoning
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Grease 6 by 9 baking pan with oil
- In a bowl, mix dry ingredients: almond flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice seasoning and sea salt. Then add the maple syrup, almond butter, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract and almond milk.
- If the batter is too dry, adjust ingredients with more almond milk or more batter depending on consistency.
- Pour batter in the baking pan and smooth out.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Stick a toothpick in to make sure it is cooked all the way, if not allow to cook for a few minutes longer and continue checking on it.
Looking for more information on hormones or healthy tips? Check out the blog, here!
This content is from the opinion of The Healing Roots, Nutrition Services, LLC doing business as Women’s Nutrition Clinic and is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of treatment or medical advice from a doctor.
All viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither The Healing Roots, Nutrition Services, LLC doing business as Women’s Nutrition Clinic nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content and all medical decisions that are made after reviewing this content is at the viewer’s own risk.
All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle program. All content posted belongs to The Healing Roots, Nutrition Services, LLC doing business as Women’s Nutrition Clinic and are protected by copyright laws.
You are not permitted to copy or distribute this content without The Healing Roots, Nutrition Services, LLC’s permission. Enjoy the information & thank you for viewing!