PCOS Friendly Mac and Cheese
Boy oh boy, this is by far one of my favorite side dishes. It took me a few times to finally get a cheese sauce that I really liked. So, I am excited that you finally get to try this!
So, let’s chat about mac and cheese. Typically something we might overindulge in or feel bad for eating in the first place.
There is seriously nothing wrong with having a few comfort foods you like to turn to. The key is just knowing WHY you are eating it.
Are you masking emotions, are you tired or are you procrastinating on something really important?
If not, cool! Then it’s totally ok to enjoy something in moderation. Just because you have PCOS, you don’t have to go into full restriction mode. And better yet, you can make your comfort foods tasty and nutritious!
Nutrient Dense Recipe
This is the perfect side dish if you have PCOS. It’s much higher in protein and healthy fats than your typical mac and cheese. You can also avoid the added hormones and preservatives typically found in mac and cheese.
I suggest pairing this recipe with a protein and vegetable. You’ll feel satiated and your taste buds will thank you!
This blog is packed with other recipes you might find helpful. Check another one out here!
PCOS Friendly Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 2 cups of cashews soaked overnight
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbs paprika
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 box chickpea pasta or 1 bag cauliflower rice.
1. Drain cashews, add to blender with coconut milk, nutritional yeast, paprika, salt and pepper to blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Add a bit of water if you need too.
3. Serve with sautéed cauliflower rice or chickpea pasta. Either are a great option, depending on your choice!