Hormone Healing Energy Bites
The must have recipe to keep you hanger free (and benefit those around you), balance your hormones and manage the weight.
These hormone healing energy bites have a very personal story. First off, I struggled for years with PCOS and hormonal imbalance, plus hangry episodes (think angry plus hunger).
While healing my body, I realized there are important foods that can help with all of the above. But it can be really challenging to focus on all these different foods all day long or when you’re in a pinch and need something ASAP.
So I’ve worked on this recipe for a long time, batch after batch until I felt like I finally came up with the PERFECT blend of healing ingredients.
What makes these bites amazing for your hormones?
- Protein and cinnamon powder to balance your blood sugar.
- Healthy fats and maca powder to help with balancing hormones and nourish the adrenal glands.
- Flaxseeds for estrogen balance.
- Cacao for delicious taste and magnesium -> important for hormone healing.
- Collagen for gut healing properties (yes your microbiome is connected to your hormones and weight – check out this article here to learn more).
- Most importantly it tastes amazing!
Hormone Healing Energy Bites Recipe
- 1 cup organic quick oats
- ⅓ cup raw walnuts
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 tbs cacao powder
- 2 tbs MCT oil
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- ⅓ cup dried fruit of choice
- ½ 85% dark chocolate bar, chopped
- 2 tbs freshly ground flaxseeds
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 scoops collagen powder
- 1 tbs maca powder
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- ¼ cup water
- Put walnuts and quick oats in a food processor until finely ground into a flour.
- Mix walnuts with oats, flaxseeds, cinnamon, collagen powder, maca and cacao powder in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients, with the dry ingredients. Mix well until slightly sticky but not runny. (you might need to adjust liquid)
- On a large plate or baking tray, add wax paper.
- Begin to roll out balls into the size of a golf ball, then place on a tray or plate. Store in the refrigerator or freezer depending on preferred texture.
For more resources on how to support your hormones, click here!